There are a few ways to apply for legal aid.
Fill out an online application.
Call the Application Center at 1.800.667.3764.
Send a message through our website and we will call you back for a phone application.
Go to COntact Page
Call one of our offices directly to apply by phone or make an appointment to apply in-person.
Find Closest Office
Things to know about the application process:
- Usually you will meet with a staff member at the first meeting.
- Many of your meetings will take place over the phone or a courthouse or court point.
- Family law cases need a lot of information from you. You will be asked to bring paperwork to your meeting with the lawyer.
- You do not get to choose which lawyer helps you.
- The lawyer will have to get disclosure from the prosecutor before they can meet with you.